SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCE PAGE
✨ SMALL BIZ Resource Vault ✨
SOCIAL + INSTAGRAM TIPS
How to Develop An Aesthetic - Tips Straight from Our Social Team
- Choose a consistent color scheme. Examples: neutrals, cool tones, warm tones, brights, etc.
- Plan, plan, plan ahead of time. Use a scheduling app like Planoly, Preview, or Later -- this helps to plan and arrange posts in your desired order so that you can stick to the color scheme of your choice.
- Use presets to create a cohesive IG ✨ aesthetic ✨
- Decide on a grid layout. Some grid ideas include:
- TILE - alternating images and quotes with solid backgrounds
- ROW BY ROW - each row of your Instagram feed tells one story
- RAINBOW - where the color of your Instagram feed changes as you scroll
FAVORITE APPS FOR EDITING & CONTENT PLANNING
plan & schedule posts create cute IG stories
ahead of time from a large selection
make your photos & videos a great & easy way
pop with built in presets & to create videos for
simple editing tools your feed & IG story
EASY GIVEAWAY LIGHTROOM
randomly selects create your own presets
winner(s) for you to match your aesthetic
create fun & unique IG stories, ads,
Instagram posts, logos, newsletters,
and SO. MUCH. MORE. (FREE plan available)
IG STORIES — FAVORITE APPS, GIFS, AND TIPS
Free apps that have tons of different templates to choose from:
• Storyluxe • Unfold • Phonto • MADE
Best practices on posting to your IG story:
- If you have Instagram Shopping set up, tag your products!
- Use the Swipe Up feature that's available with Instagram Shopping (a link icon will be located at the top of the screen). This allows you to tag either your Product or Profile Shop.
- Use GIFs that are related to your story or that will add in some razzle dazzle. ✨
Here are some of our favorites!
- Tag your location for additional exposure
- Use 'hidden hashtags'. This will allow you to have all of your desired hashtags featured in your IG story without overcrowding the story and will increase exposure.
- Write our your hashtags (ex. #explorepage).
- Change the color of the hashtag/text to match the background.
- Resize to make it super small so it blends in and isn't visible.
- Do POLLS or QUESTION BOXES to engage with your audience and find out the demographic of your following.
GIFT GUIDES — NEW IG FEATURE
Gift guides are the perfect way to maximize on showcasing your products to your audience! Whether you're showing them items to shop from or featuring some of your favorite spots - it's the perfect virtual guide to navigate through gifting!
Ready to put it to use? Follow these steps!
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Click the '+' at the top.
- A Create menu will pop-up click on 'Guide'.
- Choose a Guide Type: Place, Products, or Posts.
- If you're looking to promote your products-select 'products'.
- Search your shop or another shop you are looking to feature (ex. Dippin' Daisy's).
- Time to choose your products!
- Search your first product that you'd like to include (Note: you can make multiple gift guides/separate them into categories such as 'Facemask Feature', 'Shop for your BFF + Gal Pals'.
- After you've selected your product, it will take you to the gift guide template. From there, you can change your cover photo, change the title, add a description, etc.
- Final step: add in all the products and SAVE.
HOW TO SET UP INSTAGRAM SHOPPING
1. Confirm your business is eligible.
Your business must be:
- In a supported market.
- Have an eligible product.
- Comply with the Instagram/Facebook Merchant Agreement and Policies.
- Own a website domain that you intent to use/sell from.
2. INSTAGRAM - from personal to business real quick!
Your next step will be to convert your Instagram profile from 'personal' to 'business' or 'creator'.
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on the 3 lines in the top right corner.
- Click on settings.
- Click on account.
- Scroll down and click on 'switch to business account' or 'creator account' (depending on what business you are in).
3. Go into your Shopify store and download the Facebook app.
- From there, you can click into the app and it will give you 3 prompts to select from.
- Go to 'Instagram Shopping: Sell Your Products on Instagram' and click 'continue to set up'
- Follow the prompts and connect all accounts requested.
- After everything is connected - click on 'request approval' at the bottom.
**This will submit your request. Approval can take anywhere from 3-5 business days. If for any reason you are rejected, file an appeal through the links provided on the rejection notice. Appeal responses can take anywhere from 2-3 business days.
4. Once approved, tag your products on your IG for easy and seamless shopping!
PODCAST — LISTEN UP!
- The Skinny Confidential: Him and Her Podcast
- The Lively Podcast #NoMakeupNeeded
- Being Boss: Mindset, Habits, Tactics, and Lifestyle for Creative Entrepreneurs
- Style Your Mind with Cara Alwill
MORNING ROUTINES TO SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- DON'T look at your phone first thing in the morning.
- Diffuse citrus essential oils to boost happiness when you wake up.
- Listen to the Calm App with a 10 minute meditation.
- Morning workout via Youtube.
- Take a walk outdoors or by the beach to ground yourself.
- Write your list of to-dos for the day in order of importance.
- Write down 5 things you are grateful for.
- MIND DUMP - take 10-15 minutes to just write down whatever you're thinking in a journal so that you can start your day with a clear mind.
- Drink hot lemon water before eating or drinking your morning coffee or tea.